RPS Legal B.V.
In RPS Legal, we believe that trust and confidence are two of the most valuable prerequisites in professional interactions with our clients. That is why, in order to built and support your trust in us, we address the privacy of personal data very seriously. We always act in the best interest of our clients and, at the same time, in accordance with the applicable legislation of the Netherlands and European Union. RPS Legal is also transparent and honest about the reasons, ways and legal grounds which the processing of your personal data is based on.
This privacy statement is designed in order to provide you with all necessary information on what data do we collect from you, why do we do so, who do we share your personal data with, on which particular instances do we process it, for how long do we do so, how exactly do we guarantee the security of your personal data, what do we do in case we have to process the information related to children. You will also find the information regarding the rights that you have towards your personal data while it is collected and processed by RPS Legal.
Last but not least, you will find the contact details of a person who you can direct your questions, requests and commentaries to when it comes to your personal data processed by RPS Legal.
What types of personal data does RPS Legal collect?
In order to provide you with all the necessary information, or to reach you for further clarifications and advice, “RPS Legal B.V.” may collect some information from you by means of on-line form that you can fill in on our website. This information depending on the situation, can contain:
– e-mail address;
– phone number (cell/stationary phone);
– related company name
In case where you become a client of our firm, some additional data may be requested from you for purposes of establishing and fulfilling the contract. Such data may include:
– Your place of residence (residual address);
– Way to address you;
– Date of birth;
– Place of birth;
– Contact details (e-mail/ phone number);
– Education information;
– Company ownership information;
– In immigration cases: inquiries of no criminal records.
Google uses this information to track how our website is used, to provide reports on the website to us and to provide its advertisers information about the effectiveness of their campaigns. Google may also transfer this information to third parties if Google is legally required, or where such third parties process the information on Google’s behalf. We have no influence. We do not allow Google to use the data analytics information with other Google services.
Through our website, cookies are placed from the US company Google, as part of the“Analytics” service. We use this service to track and get reports about how visitors use the website. Google may also transfer this information to third parties if Google is legally required, or if third parties process the information on Google’s behalf. We have no influence.
Google as a company bound by the law to act accordingly and bares the responsibilities in case of data protection laws violation.
Why do we collect the information from you?
“RPS Legal” collects the information for following reasons:
– To establish a contact with the prospective client;
– To provide the second/follow-up contact with the prospective client;
– To administer the further relationship with you as a client;
– To facilitate the process of incorporation for clients as laid down in contract by them;
– To carry out communications and facilitate the providing of cervices to the clients on basis of a contract;
– To meet the legal compliance obligations as set by the Dutch governmental authorities.
– To process applications of employment;
– To protect or exercise our legal rights, or to comply with court orders;
– To determine the future company development policy.
How does “RPS Legal” share the information with third parties?
In a number of cases, “RPS Legal” has to transfer the information to the notaries, tax advisors, and governmental entities (IND, Chamber of Commerce). This is done with prior notice to you and on lawful basis: 1) for purposes of performance of a contract to which the client is party, or for purposes of requesting the data required to enter into a contract, and 2) for purposes of compliance with legal obligations put in place by Dutch and EU legislation.
In some cases might be requested by the Dutch government to transfer personal data upon a court order where it is connected to safety and security or in other way is directly related to the matters of public interest and where that is required by law.
For how long does “RPS Legal” store and use personal data provided by you?
We retain your personal data only for the period of time which is necessary to fulfil the purposes that we collect such data for, including compliance with legal, accounting, tax or reporting requirements. “RPS Legal” also reserves the right to use personal data in cases where “RPS Legal” has to assert or defend against legal claims, until the claim is settled or until the end of retention period.
Upon the retention period expiry, we will securely erase personal data related to you in accordance with applicable law.
What rights do you have towards your personal data?
You have the following rights with regards to personal data related to you, namely:
– Right to access: you have the right to request a cop of personal data related to you as held by “RPS Legal” upon your request. However, such request can be denied where the providing of such personal data will reveal the data regarding other persons or in cases where there is a legal order (by law or by court decision) not to disclose such data.
– Accuracy: we invite you to contact us in cases you believe that your personal data is changed, and the one that had been initially provided to us is not seen as complete, up-to-date, and/or accurate.
– Objection: you have the right to object to the processing of personal data in some cases.
– Transfer: you have a right for your personal data to be provided to a third-party controller or directly to you, in a commonly used machine-readable form.
– Erasure: you have a right to request the erasure of personal data related to you where personal data in no longer necessary for purposes for which it had been initially collected. The right to erasure can also be enjoyed in cases where the processing is carried out unlawfully.
– Right to lodge a complaint: where you believe that processing of your personal data is not carried out in accordance with the current data protection law, you can file a complaint to Data Protection Authority.
What security measures are taken by “RPS Legal” in order to secure and safeguard you personal data?
In “RPS Legal”, we value your privacy a lot, that is why we have put in place all appropriate measures and procedures that ensure the safety and integrity of your personal data (not only in multimedia form, but also hardcopy) on each stage of a process.
We have put in place the procedures of addressing data breach and in very scarcely possible case of such breach we will inform you and Data Protection Authority accordingly and in a timely manner. The system of measures taken and structure implemented within “RPS Legal” has in its scope not only protection of personal data against unauthorised access and insider threats, but also from irreversible erasure.
How does “RPS Legal” treat personal data about minors?
We process data related to minors only in very limited number of situations. In very limited cases where we have to request personal data regarding minors, we do so on basis of the legitimately obtained consent on a side of legally recognised parent/custodian responsible for the minor. In case it is required, the custodian will be sufficiently informed and the consent for processing of personal data related to a minor will be requested in accordance with applicable data protection legislation.
How can you access and control the information that you’ve provided “RPS Legal” with?
You have a right to review the data related to you that we keep. You can request such information via e-mail address stated below. We will get back to you within 5 working days.
Please fill the subject field of e-mail with “Request for personal information” for prompt and easy process.
You can also contact us via same e-mail address in case where:
– You believe your personal data is not correct or it has changed and needs to be corrected;
– You believe we are no longer entitled to use of your personal data;
– You have any questions regarding how your personal information is used;
– You have any questions regarding present Privacy Statement;
– You would like to request the erasure of all the personal data that “RPS Legal” has about you;
– You would like to object to processing of personal data by “RPS Legal”;
– You would like to withdraw consent for data processing initially given by you to us.
Your requests will be handled in accordance with applicable Dutch and European Union data protection laws.
To whom the requests regarding personal data within “RPS Legal” can be directed?
You can send your requests, concerns, or suggestions regarding your personal data to e-mail address:
or by regular mail to the address:
Paasheuvelweg 3, 1105 BE
Amsterdam, the Netherlands.
To facilitate prompt handling of your request, please put “Personal Data-related request,
[your full name]” in the header of an e-mail.
We are processing all the requests fast and in appropriate manner.